Residents of South Greensburg Borough,
As we are all aware, there is currently an outbreak of Coronavirus throughout the world. South Greensburg takes the health and safety of all it’s citizens very seriously. As a reminder we would like to share communications and tips from the CDC and PEMA which may aid in preventing the spread of the virus.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
* Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
* If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always was hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick
* Avoid contact with people when YOU are sick
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue into the trash
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning wipe or spray.
* Get checked by a physician if you begin to feel symptoms of the virus
Symptoms can include:
Shortness of breath
For more information and more tips to protect your family, friends, and community please visit:
South Greensburg Borough