Keystone Avenue will be closed at the railroad crossing above Hunter Road on July 25th and 26th. Fairview Avenue will be closed at the railroad crossing July 27th and 28th. No traffic will be able to get thru during these times. When traveling, please allow time for potential delays.
Nighttime road work at will begin on Broad Street starting on August 7th thru August 13th. Starting Friday August 7th at 5:00 PM, Broad Street (by the underpass) will be CLOSED BOTH north and south bound and will reopen on Monday August 10th at 3:30 AM. Please allow time for delays when traveling through the borough during this time frame.
The Borough Office will be closed on Friday, July 17th. If it is an urgent matter, please email email@example.com
A Friendly reminder, the 3rd quarter garbage payment is due by July 30th 2020. You can pay online on this site under Garbage Payments, call in payment (there is a transaction fee associated with credit card payment), or send a check or money order to 1515 Poplar St, Greensburg PA 15601. Thank you.
While celebrating the holiday, we would like to remind all residents that the Discharge of Fireworks within the Borough are NOT permitted. Pennsylvania Law does permit the use and possession of Consumer Grade Fireworks, although the following Rules do apply:
- A person must be at least 18 years of age;
- A person may NOT discharge any fireworks while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Fireworks can NOT be discharged within 150 feet of a structure;
- Fireworks can NOT be discharged on Public property without the consent of the property owner. (The Borough of South Greensburg does NOT give consent, or permit the discharging of fireworks on any of its public properties).
Please be courteous to your fellow neighbors and especially to those who have pets, as the discharge of fireworks can be traumatic to pets, which has unfortunately led to dogs being displaced from their homes by going astray.
As a result of airborne debris, Fireworks can also cause property damage to surrounding homes and vehicles and potentially ignite a fire.
Any person(s) who have violated the fireworks law or creates a potentially hazardous situation, will be charged accordingly.
Please stay safe and enjoy the holiday responsibly!
Join us for our First Concert in the Park of the Season with Plan Z on Sunday July 12th starting at 6pm in Huff Avenue Park. Please remember to bring your chair and to use proper social distancing when attending this event.
South Greensburg Community Yard Sale is Saturday, August 1st from 8am to 2pm. Click below to download your registration or pick one up in the Borough Office.
Click below for Summer Recreation Application. Applications need to be turned into the Borough by June 10th. You can either mail your application in to 1515 Poplar Street or place it in the mailbox in the back of the Borough Building.
South Greensburg Borough will be resuming in-person meetings beginning with the Agenda Session Meeting Scheduled for 6:30 Pm on Monday, June 1st, 2020 in Hirst Hall. The following are the rules for attendance at the Public Meetings, through the duration of the COVID-19 Disaster Declaration.
Policies for Public Attendance and Participation:
- Remain six (6) feet away from all persons not in your household.
- All persons who are medically able must wear face masks.
- Face masks must cover the entire mouth and nose.
- All persons who feel ill are prohibited from entry.
- The chairs are spaced six (6) feet apart. Please do not move them.
- If there are no chairs vacant in Hirst Hall you must observe the meeting from the hallway.
- During public comment, we will come to the hallway to see if anyone would like to comment.
- Please do not touch any surfaces unless necessary.
- Restrooms will be closed to the public.