Just a friendly reminder that Q3 garbage payments are due on or before July 31st. Thank you!
The Borough Office will be closed at 2:00 PM on Thursday, July 22nd. Normal hours will resume on Friday, July 23rd.
Coulter, Sheridan, Elm and portions of Huff Avenue are experiencing water outages. The water authority is currently working to resolve the issue.
House Bill 542 was signed into law on October 30, 2017. Under the new law, the Fireworks Act of 1939 was repealed and replaced in its entirety. In the bill it states that:
- Consumer fireworks cannot be ignited or discharged on public or private property without the express permission of the property owner.
- Consumer fireworks cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building
- Consumer fireworks cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building
- Consumer fireworks cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure
- Consumer fireworks cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug
What does that mean? Majority if not all of the South Greensburg falls under the 150 feet of a structure. Therefore, South Greensburg residents are not able to legally set off consumer fireworks.
Everyone at the Borough of South Greensburg wishes you a very safe and happy 4th of July!
A friendly reminder that there will be no garbage pick-up on Friday, July 2nd.
The Greater Greensburg Sewage Authority is hiring for outside crew employee. Applicants must live within the City of Greensburg or the Boroughs of South or Southwest Greensburg. Applications and resumes can be put in the drop box on the side of the administration building, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to GGSA PO Box 248 Greensburg, PA 15601
Address for an application: https://ggsa.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/GGSA-Job-Appliation.pdf
Registration slips are now available for the Summer Recreation Program. All children participating in the program need to be registered. Summer Recreation program begins Monday June 14 and runs through Friday August 13. Click below to print your Childs application. Applications can be turned in at the borough office or at our Meet the Director night on Tuesday June 8 at 6pm.
The Summer Recreation program is open Monday – Friday from 10am-4pm. The program is open to all children 15 and under.
Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes Program of Westmoreland County
For information contact: Westmoreland County Department of Planning and Development
- Home built prior to 1978
- Children under the age of 6 years or a pregnant woman present in household
- Low-to-moderate income
Help our first responders find you in an emergency, please make your house number visible from the street. Thanks!
Friendly reminder: If you are going to be doing any construction on your property, please contact the Borough Zoning Officer to see if a permit is needed.