Summer Rec is just around the corner. Meet the Director Night is Wednesday June 8th at 6pm. Everyone attending Summer Rec must have a completed Registration Form. Download and complete your form today! Summer Recreation Registration
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The Greater Greensburg Sewage Authority, Westmoreland County, PA is currently seeking candidates for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Applicants may obtain an application for employment form from the Authority’s website at ggsa.us
APPLICATIONS AND RESUMES CAN BE PUT IN THE DROP BOX ON THE SIDE OF THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, EMAILED TO:
PO Box 248
Greensburg, PA 15601
NO PHONE CALLS
Description for position of Plant Operator
The position of wastewater Treatment Plant Operator requires the applicant to be able to perform the full range of duties and functions required to ensure the wastewater treatment facility operates effectively and efficiently within the prescribed requirements of the facilities National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit while maintaining safe and effective working conditions within the facility. These duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities for the position of Plant Operator
* Perform treatment plant rounds to inspect, monitor and record plant operational conditions by reading and interpreting information obtained through visual observation of process instrumentation, the SCADA system data, and through standard process control testing and evaluation of the activated sludge process.
* Evaluate the activated sludge treatment process through standard process control testing and make necessary process control decisions and adjustments to assure proper treatment to permit limitations.
* Operate, adjust, inspect and maintain all pumps, blowers, screens, valves, motors, gates, and other process equipment.
* Receive, unload and properly stow deliveries of chemicals used in the treatment process.
* Prepare, compile and maintain plant and operations logs and reports.
* Conduct necessary process control tests and perform mathematical process control calculations related to the process control tests.
* Collect wastewater samples, complete the required documentation for sampling chain of custody forms and perform a variety of routine laboratory tests for both process control and regulatory compliance.
* Perform general facility maintenance such as cleaning, housekeeping, proper storage of materials and parts inventories, as well as minor equipment repairs.
* Must be on-call and able to work shifts, weekends, holidays, and respond to emergency calls on regularly scheduled off times in a timely manner as required.
* Must be able to operate a variety of hand tools, and equipment utilized in an industrial plant environment.
* Assist with snow removal at the facility and remote locations as required during winter months including the operation of snow blowers and snow plows.
* Accept a responsible role in implementing the safety culture of the facility by adhering to all safe work practices, utilizing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and wearing the appropriate PPE in all work situations.
* Must be able to demonstrate the proper use of PPE and general safety equipment including gas monitors, confined space entry equipment, arc flash protection equipment, and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) where applicable.
* Must be able to utilize personal computers and a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
* Must ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
Requirements for the position of Plant Operator
* A High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical Training, Associates Degree a Plus. Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical skills and mathematical skills are required.
* Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
* Pennsylvania Certified Wastewater Treatment Operators License class (SB1) is required or the ability to obtain certification at the SB1 certificate level within 36 months of employment.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
* Must be able to pass a drug screening.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
* Must be a US Citizen, or legally documented to work within the United States.
* The Plant Operator position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement between the Township and the Teamsters Union. The position requires Union membership.
* The position of Plant Operator is a physical position and requires the applicant to be able to lift heavy weights periodically, to stand for prolonged periods, to reach, stoop, bend, climb and descend ladders, etc.
* Applicant must complete and submit an employment application, along with a resume, and a minimum of three personal references.
The borough office will be closed on April 15th, 18th, and 19th in observation of the Easter Holiday.
South Greensburg Borough is seeking a candidate to serve as a member at large to represent South Greensburg Borough on the Greensburg Hempfield Library board. Candidates must be a resident of South Greensburg Borough for a period of at least one(1) year. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: attending board meetings (second Tuesdays of every other month at 4:30 PM), serve on a sub-committee such as fundraising, maintenance, etc., help with events and fundraising opportunities and serve as an Ambassador to the library and surrounding areas. Any questions please contact President Judy Mizikar at email@example.com The position will be voted on in January 2023 and the individual will be active as a member of the board on March 2023. Please submit a letter of interest to South Greensburg Borough at 1515 Poplar St. Greensburg PA 15601.
The borough office will be closing at 12:00 PM on Thursday April 7th. Office hours for Friday April 8th will be 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM.
Normal office hours will resume on April 11th.
South Greensburg Borough is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Borough Secretary. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field from an accredited college and 3 years of managerial and or administrative experience of a business or a public agency, or any equivalent combination of education or experience. Candidates will be required to pass a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Child Abuse History Clearance.
The link contains the full job description and requirements: Borough Secretary Job Description
A cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 1515 Poplar St. Greensburg PA 15601
Monday, April 4, 2022 – 6:00 PM
Application for Non-Conforming Use for Property located at 1302 Poplar Street, South Greensburg, PA 15601
Purpose is to consider the application for non-conforming use submitted by Carey Williams, for property 1302 Poplar Street and to invite all comment from the public, including but not limited to South Greensburg residents who may be affected by the use of the property as required by said application.
To register for public comment for this hearing:
- By phone: Call South Greensburg Borough office at (724) 837-8858 by 2:00 PM the day of the hearing.
- Written Statements can be emailed to South Greensburg Borough at email@example.com by 2:00 PM day of the hearing
Registration forms available on the link below or in the Borough Office.
KEYSTONE IS YOUR NEW CURRENT REAL ESTATE AND LOCAL SERVICES TAX COLLECTOR:
Keystone Collects Group serves as the current real estate and LST tax collector for residents of South Greensburg Borough.
To pay Real Estate Tax: Online at: Pay.KeystoneCollects.com OR pay via mail: PO Box 505 Irwin, PA 15642
To pay Local Services Tax via mail: PO Box 539 Irwin, PA 15642
Payment drop box available: 546 Wendel Road Irwin, PA 15642
Obtain your tax receipt at any time by visiting pay.KeystoneCollects.com Use your original Invoice number to access your receipt.
*** If a mortgage company or bank pays your real estate tax bill from an escrow account, you must forward your tax bill to your mortgage company or bank so your bill can be paid on time.***
Visit www.KeystoneCollects.com/faqs for answers to your questions or contact them online
Please see the link provided by Westmoreland Conservation District on how to manage storm water around your property.