There will be no garbage pick up on Friday, November 11 in observance of Veteran’s Day.
Here is your opportunity to add your Hero to our banners. If we get 12 interested parties we can do another batch. Banners are $275 each. Please complete and return the form below.
Trick or Treat will be held October 31st from 6pm to 8pm
Halloween Parade will start at 5:30pm at the Sheridan Avenue Playground. The parade will make its way down Sheridan, Ashland, Jamison and Poplar to the Firehall.
South Greensburg Borough would like to encourage community members to decrease the use of single use plastics. For more information on the topic go to https://www.epa.gov/trash-free-waters/ten-ways-unpackage-your-life
Borough Public Summer Hours are Monday and Thursday 10am-3pm. If you need something outside those hours please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 724-837-8858
Summer Rec is just around the corner. Meet the Director Night is Wednesday June 8th at 6pm. Everyone attending Summer Rec must have a completed Registration Form. Download and complete your form today! Summer Recreation Registration
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The Greater Greensburg Sewage Authority, Westmoreland County, PA is currently seeking candidates for the position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. Applicants may obtain an application for employment form from the Authority’s website at ggsa.us
APPLICATIONS AND RESUMES CAN BE PUT IN THE DROP BOX ON THE SIDE OF THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, EMAILED TO:
PO Box 248
Greensburg, PA 15601
NO PHONE CALLS
Description for position of Plant Operator
The position of wastewater Treatment Plant Operator requires the applicant to be able to perform the full range of duties and functions required to ensure the wastewater treatment facility operates effectively and efficiently within the prescribed requirements of the facilities National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit while maintaining safe and effective working conditions within the facility. These duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities for the position of Plant Operator
* Perform treatment plant rounds to inspect, monitor and record plant operational conditions by reading and interpreting information obtained through visual observation of process instrumentation, the SCADA system data, and through standard process control testing and evaluation of the activated sludge process.
* Evaluate the activated sludge treatment process through standard process control testing and make necessary process control decisions and adjustments to assure proper treatment to permit limitations.
* Operate, adjust, inspect and maintain all pumps, blowers, screens, valves, motors, gates, and other process equipment.
* Receive, unload and properly stow deliveries of chemicals used in the treatment process.
* Prepare, compile and maintain plant and operations logs and reports.
* Conduct necessary process control tests and perform mathematical process control calculations related to the process control tests.
* Collect wastewater samples, complete the required documentation for sampling chain of custody forms and perform a variety of routine laboratory tests for both process control and regulatory compliance.
* Perform general facility maintenance such as cleaning, housekeeping, proper storage of materials and parts inventories, as well as minor equipment repairs.
* Must be on-call and able to work shifts, weekends, holidays, and respond to emergency calls on regularly scheduled off times in a timely manner as required.
* Must be able to operate a variety of hand tools, and equipment utilized in an industrial plant environment.
* Assist with snow removal at the facility and remote locations as required during winter months including the operation of snow blowers and snow plows.
* Accept a responsible role in implementing the safety culture of the facility by adhering to all safe work practices, utilizing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and wearing the appropriate PPE in all work situations.
* Must be able to demonstrate the proper use of PPE and general safety equipment including gas monitors, confined space entry equipment, arc flash protection equipment, and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) where applicable.
* Must be able to utilize personal computers and a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
* Must ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
Requirements for the position of Plant Operator
* A High School Diploma or GED is required. Technical Training, Associates Degree a Plus. Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical skills and mathematical skills are required.
* Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
* Pennsylvania Certified Wastewater Treatment Operators License class (SB1) is required or the ability to obtain certification at the SB1 certificate level within 36 months of employment.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
* Must be able to pass a drug screening.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
* Must be a US Citizen, or legally documented to work within the United States.
* The Plant Operator position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement between the Township and the Teamsters Union. The position requires Union membership.
* The position of Plant Operator is a physical position and requires the applicant to be able to lift heavy weights periodically, to stand for prolonged periods, to reach, stoop, bend, climb and descend ladders, etc.
* Applicant must complete and submit an employment application, along with a resume, and a minimum of three personal references.
The borough office will be closed on April 15th, 18th, and 19th in observation of the Easter Holiday.
South Greensburg Borough is seeking a candidate to serve as a member at large to represent South Greensburg Borough on the Greensburg Hempfield Library board. Candidates must be a resident of South Greensburg Borough for a period of at least one(1) year. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: attending board meetings (second Tuesdays of every other month at 4:30 PM), serve on a sub-committee such as fundraising, maintenance, etc., help with events and fundraising opportunities and serve as an Ambassador to the library and surrounding areas. Any questions please contact President Judy Mizikar at firstname.lastname@example.org The position will be voted on in January 2023 and the individual will be active as a member of the board on March 2023. Please submit a letter of interest to South Greensburg Borough at 1515 Poplar St. Greensburg PA 15601.
The borough office will be closing at 12:00 PM on Thursday April 7th. Office hours for Friday April 8th will be 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM.
Normal office hours will resume on April 11th.